1. China has got a good ____ for fighting against the flu with its careful and smooth organization.
A. reputation B. influence
C. impression D. knowledge
2. If you feel like buying a bike for your child, we have a large ______ of models for you to choose from.
A. volume B. variety C. set D. scope
3. The sudden change of weather ______our holiday plan.
A. damaged B. destroyed
C. defeated D. spoiled
4. Teachers have to constantly update their knowledge in order to maintain their professional ____.
A. consequence B. independence
C. competence D. intelligence
5. We _______ Edison’s success to his intelligence and hard work.
A. subject B. attribute C. contribute D. refer
6. The incomes of skilled workers went up. _______, unskilled workers saw their earnings fall.
A. Moreover B. Therefore C. Meanwhile D. Otherwise
7. Failure is closely connected with laziness and a _____ of confidence.
A. limit B. lack C. need D. demand
8. Anyway, I can’t cheat him — it’s against all my ____.
A. emotions B. opinions
C. regulations D. principles
9. Supported by sufficient evidence, his argument seems to have a great deal of _____.
A. vividness B. validity
C. terminology D. propagation
10. The loss has not yet been ____ accurately, but it is believed to be well beyond a hundred million dollars.
A. calculated B. considered
C. completed D. controlled
11. The questionnaire takes ______ ten to fifteen minutes to complete and can be used along with the assessment.
A. mainly B. punctually
C. approximately D. precisely
12. The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without _____ his notes.
A. bringing up B. referring to
C. looking for D. trying on
13. What he said sounds _________, but it is impractical.
A. reasonable B. interesting
C. understandable D. enjoyable
14. Some parents are just too protective. They want to _____ their kids from every kind of danger, real or imagined.
A. spot B. dismiss C. shelter D. distinguish
15. As there is less and less coal and oil, scientists are exploring new ways of making use of ______ energy, such as sunlight, wind and water for power and fuel.
A. primary B. alternative C. instant D. unique
16. John is very _____; if he promises to do something, he will do it.
A. independent B. confident
C. reliable D. flexible
17. The good thing about children is that they _____ very easily to new environments.
A. adapt B. appeal C. attach D. apply
18. Frank put the medicine in a top drawer to make sure it would not be ____ to the kids.
A. accessible B. relative C. acceptable D. sensitive
19. In this factory, suggestions often have to wait for months before they are fully _____.
A. admitted B. acknowledged
C. absorbed D. considered
20. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all the details.
A. concise B. clear C. precise D. elaborate
21 The firemen managed to _____ the fire in time.
A. put out B. put off C. put aside D. put up
22. The school committee naturally hopes that the new course project will be _____ with the school and parents.
A. pleased B. favorable C. popular D. content
23. When I took her temperature, it was three degrees above _________.
A. average B. ordinary C. regular D. normal
24. As your teacher advised, you ought to spend your time on something _______ researching.
A. precious B. worth C. worthy D. valuable
25. He holds an important position in the company; _______, I don’t quite trust him.
A. thus B. furthermore C. otherwise D. nevertheless
26. Don’t look down upon this little creature. In a few weeks, it will ____ a butterfly.
A. turn up B. turn into C. turn off D. turn in
27. An increasing number of foreign countries have been _______ China as a rising power in the recent years.
A. looking at B. looking on
C. looking for D. looking at
28. He is burning the midnight oil to _______ his lost time.
A. keep up with B. catch up with
C. make up for D. make use of
29. Many governments thus _______ financing expenditure through domestic bank borrowing and printing money, both of which are inflationary.
A. call on B. fall to C. bring up D. resort to
30. Tim kept changing _________ at the dance. In this way, he got to know quite a lot of girls.
A. friends B. relations C. companies D. partners
31. Do you know the _________ of the saying I just quoted?
A. source B. resource C. course D. cause
32. The faces of four famous American presidents on Mount Rushmore can be seen from a ______ of 60 miles.
A. length B. distance C. way D. spare
33. We will go to the airport to ______ him ______ tomorrow.
A. send…out B. see…over C. see… off D. see… to
34. All students were excited at the ______ of a weekend sports competition.
A. thought B. opinion C. view D. time
35. The old man is used to sleeping without a ________in order to keep his back from bending.
A. net B. pillow C. slippers D. quilt
36. Teaching is a task requiring a great deal of _________; you should never lose your temper.
A. patience B. strictness
C. intelligence D. generosity
37. As a result of the radio _________ for help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds have been raised.
A. advertisement B. appeal
C. transmission D. program
38. The patient and warm-hearted teacher never criticized, but used praise to __________ the best of her students.
A. bring up B. bring about
C. bring out D. bring in
39. The university is __________ Number One in the field of engineering.
A. ranged B. lined C. listed D. ranked
40. A love marriage does not necessarily ___________ much sharing of interests and hobbies.
A. take over B. result from C. hold on D. keep to
1. Despite its b___________, people should also be aware of the problems the Internet brings about.
2. If I am to buy an electronic product，what should be taken into c_______________ first is its practicality.
3. The 30th Olympic Games in London was a great success, leaving a deep i_________ on the world.
1. benefits 2. consideration 3. impression
4. Located in the centre of the city, the shopping center makes daily shopping easy and c______________ for its customers.
5. In college, he first m_______ in medicine but finally graduated with a degree in arts.
4. convenient 5. majored
6. As the saying goes, “P__________ makes perfect” and it is especially so in language learning.
7. To have a good c__________ of English, it is beneficial to read articles aloud following the recording.
8. Festivals are held to c____________ the important moment in a year.
6. Practice 7. command 8. celebrate
9. Only by sticking to a balanced d__________, together with regular exercise, can we live a better life.
10. It is no use a_________ with him. He won’t change his mind.
9. diet 10. arguing
    下一页