1—5 BABCD 6—10 ACBCD
11—15 CABBD 16—20 CDABC
21—25 DCABD 26—30 BACDB
I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure)
31—35 BDABC 36—40 DBCBB 41—45 ADBDA 46—50 DACDB
II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension):选择题每题1分;非选择题每题2分。
56. job interviews
57. your dream job / the company, the job and yourself
58. your relationship with your boss / how you hated your boss / how you disagreed with your boss
59. careful self-analysis
60. Be honest but say how you are trying to deal with them.
64. non-slip shoes
65. (lovely) water views
66. An unusual emergency on board a plane. / Saving the life of a dog.
67. High temperatures.
68. Because the valve in the hold did not work. / Because something was wrong with the valve in the hold.
69. Most passengers (Almost every passenger) agreed to divert.
70. He and his crew got an award from an organization.
71. as 72. forests 73. fires 74. in 75. put 76. No 77. where 78. however 79. fact 80. diseased
81. away 82. new / young 83. control 84. full 85. burn
A) 86. 这事看起来非常不可能,所以巴尔的摩的警探雷戈里·詹金斯不得不这样结束他的案件调查报告,“的确又发生了这样的事。”
B) 91. Once (it is) completed, this power station will supply the nearby cities and villages with electricity.
92. It is the sun that supplies all living things on Earth with light and heat.
93. The French student is giving Mary French lessons in exchange for English lessons.
94. The peace negotiations broke down because neither side was willing to compromise.
95. I was so impressed by these words that I wrote them later on a Christmas card.
V. 短文改错(Error correction)
Dear Mr Grant,
I am writing for the Schools Association which meets
in every two weeks 96. in
for a meal at your restaurant. We were very disappoint with the last meal 97. disappointed
we had. The food was cold, and was not what we have ordered. I made 98. had
the booking myself, and I asked∧hot pumpkin soup followed by a choice 99. for
of meat or fish and three vegetables. The person taking my booking said that 100. √
menu was available. When we arrived, we were offered with salad and dessert. 101.
When I asked to see the manager the waiter said that there was nobody∧ 102. who /that
could help me. He was quite rude when I insist, and refused to tell me 103. insisted
his name. Late we found the name “Tom” on the bill. We do not 104. Later
wish to return to your restaurant since there are changes made. 105. unless
Please advise me if you will be able to return to your previous good menus,
provide food as ordered, and teach courtesy to your staff.
I look forward to your reply.
President, Schools Association
106. From left to right; 2, 9 (The numbers in every horizontal and vertical line add up to 25.)
107. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64
108. 7.5 kg: 9×5=45 and 6×7.5=45
110. 24 years old.
A) One possible version:
I read the article“Low standards at well-known school” in your paper of 11 September. I have recently graduated from the KPD school. According to my experience, I think what the article says is not true, and I don’t know from where you got the examples from.
First, as I know, most teachers at the school prepare well for their lessons and their lessons are welcomed by the students. I learned a lot from my teachers, and got excellent exam results. Second, it is not true that ‘in the last six months there has been only one trip to another town’. In fact, we went out at least once a month. We had special group rate for the trips. Third, it is ridiculous to say the food served there is quite expensive and the quality is very poor. Actually, we were very happy about the price and quality of the food.
Therefore, I hope that your paper will print a correction; otherwise, students will stop going to the school because of your untrue description.
I look forward to your reply.
B) One possible version:
Now, a lot of students use mobile phones in school. It’s not a good thing. It can cause many problems.
First, there is a rule that students should turn off their phones during lesson time. However, many students either forget or disobey this rule. Their phones often ring during class time and this interrupts the class and disturbs other students.
Second, some younger students use their phones to send text messages or play games during class.
Third, we have had many complaints from parents and students that mobile phones have been lost or stolen in the school.
Because of these problems, we recommend that no student should be allowed to bring a mobile phone to school. There are several public phones in the school, which students can use if necessary. These should be regularly checked to ensure they are in good working order.