We need to be responsible for our environment. Being a frugal consumer(节俭的消费者) is one way to help. But, what exactly does that mean?
Use It Up
You can use things up instead of wasting them. Squeeze that last bit of toothpaste out of the tube. Use the last little piece of soap. Don't throw away any bits of the biscuit at the bottom of the box.
Wear It Out
You do not always need to have new things. Suppose your sneakers have broken laces, but they still fit you. Repair them and wear them longer. You don't have the latest iPhone until the old one doesn't work anymore. Then you can get a new one. Think twice before replacing something that still works.
Make It Do
When something you want is not on hand, look for something else that you already have to take its place. Suppose you are packing your lunch for tomorrow and want a butter sandwich. You are out of butter. Have a cheese sandwich instead so that you can use all of the cheese. Learn to fix broken toys instead of just throwing them away. With a little thought, you can make something do, instead of buying something new.
Think about all those things that you would like to have. Do you really need them? How long will you really play with that new toy you saw on TV? Making the things that we want uses up your world's resources(资源). And, getting rid of the things we don't want any more takes up even more resources and space.
65. Do we need to be responsible for our environment?
66. How do we deal with the last little piece of soap?
67. When do we need to get a new iPhone?
68. What should we do when something we want is not on hand？
69. What does the writer want to tell us?
65. Yes, we do.
66. Use it up.
67. Until the old one doesn't work anymore
68. Look for something else.69. Why and how to be responsible consumer.