Music can make us feel happy or peaceful, or move us to tears. As an orchestra conductor(指挥), Amy Anderson allows people to experience many 41 that music can give.
Anderson fell in love with 42 as a child. She began playing the piano at seven. She bought many videos 43 by the world’s great orchestras and conductors and 44 listened to them for hours. During a concert, the audiences see the 45 of a conductor and the arm movements he or she uses. What audiences do not see is all the work the conductor has done before the 46 . However, a few months before a concert, Anderson studies the music by 47 it on the piano. She listens to recording, reads about the musician’s life, and reviews some 48 events that would have influenced the musician. Her goal is to present the music as the musician 49 .
While conducting, Anderson uses her whole body to 50 how the music should sound and feel. Her 51 are strong when the music is 52 and gentle when the music is peaceful. As she conducts, Anderson listens out for the 53 with the balance of different kinds of instruments or voices.
To 54 young musicians to understand how to play the music, Anderson tells them to imagine a 55 and relaxing walk or a ship being tossed(颠簸) by waves. “It is music’s ability to 56 people that I like most,” says Anderson. She has seen audiences at her concerts clap their hands together. 57 , listeners are moved to tears by the music. After one concert in Serbia, the audiences 58 around the orchestra’s buses and showed their 59 for the musicians. Anderson is happy to be a conductor, because music can 60 people’s spirits and bring joy into ordinary days.
41. A. feelings B. characters C. thoughts D. changes
42. A. painting B. art C. music D. dance
43. A. kept B. recorded C. praised D. directed
44. A. never B. gradually C. finally D. always
45. A. face B. head C. look D. back
46. A. schedule B. performance C. task D. meeting
47. A. putting B. beating C. playing D. repeating
48. A. important B. strange C. meaningless D. unpleasant
49. A. designed B. expected C. impressed D. ordered
50. A. prove B. recognize C. learn D. express
51. A. ideas B. accents C. movements D. voices
52. A. energetic B. magical C. wonderful D. lively
53. A. signals B. problems C. sounds D. challenges
54. A. encourage B. force C. remind D. help
55. A. short B. quick C. calm D. heavy
56. A. influence B. tell C. watch D. meet
57. A. Firstly B. Frequently C. Fortunately D. Lately
58. A. ran B. drove C. walked D. gathered
59. A. kindness B. care C. appreciation D. understanding
60. A. lift B. follow C. show D. bring
41-45: ACBDD 46-50: BCABD 51-55: CABDC 56-60: ABDCA