UNIT 9 What does he look like?检测题
21. The girl thin, so she is not heavy.
A. is B. has C. are D. have
22. —What does your aunt ?
—She is of medium build with long straight hair.
A. look like B. looks like C. like D. likes
23. Our math teacher always an old shirt.
A. wear B. wears C. put on D. puts on
24. The young boy likes playing basketball very much, and he can play it very .
A. the; good B. /; good C. /; well D. the; well
25. The students stop and listen to the teacher carefully.
A. saying B. to say C. to talk D. talking
26. The boy is thin but h e is healthy.
A. little B. bit C. little bit D. a little
27. Jack with his father shopping every Sunday.
A. is B. go C. goes D. are
28. Does your father a computer?
A. has B. have C. is D. does
29. I don’t like the shirt. Please give me .
A. other B. the other C. another D. one
30. We all like listening to music and games.
A. playing B. play C. to play D. plays
Mr White works in a middle school. He 31 English. He is friendly to his 32 and they also like him. He spends 33 time on his work. He often does some reading and writing. When he’s 34 , he is also very busy. So he can’t help his wife do any 35 .The woman is always angry with him.
It’s Saturday. Their daughter Kate is 36 her homework in her bedroom. Mrs White finds her 37 is out. She hopes her daughter will say she’s 38 than her husband. She gives an apple to Kate and asks,“ 39 is cleverer, your father or I?”
Can you guess what the girl’s 40 is?
“I’m the cleverest in our family!”Kate says without thinking.
31. A. studies B. watches C. teaches D. reads
32. A. friends B. students C. workers D. drivers
33. A. many B. little C. some D. much
34. A. at home B. at work C. in bed D. in the classroom
35. A. washing B. cooking C. cleaning D. housework
36. A. making B. doing C. finding D. looking
37. A. mother B. brother C. husband D. teacher
38. A. good B. better C. bad D. worse
39. A. Who B. Whose C. Why D. What
40. A. play B. sing C . answer D. think
There is a student from China i n our class. He is very good at his lessons, but he is also very shy. He doesn’t talk too much with us because he thinks that there are so many differences. When he came into our classroom for the first time, he was so frightened (受惊的) that he cried out.
That’s because of our appearances. For example, his hair is short, black and straight, but ours are all different from his. Jim’s hair is yellow and much longer than his. Dave’s hair is curly and brown. Kitty’s hair is blonde. Our builds and clothes seem to be strange in his eyes,too. Peter is a boy. He is tall and thin, but he wears a colorful T-shirt.
41. How many students are described (描述) in the passage?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Six.
42. What does the word “diffe rences” mean?
A. 困难 B. 差别 C. 作业 D. 事情
43. Whose hair is curly?
A. Jim’s. B. Dave’s. C. Kitty’s. D. Peter’s.
44. Why did the student cry out when he came into our classroom for the first time?
A. Because he is Chinese.
B. Because he didn’t like to be a student of our clas s.
C. Because our appearances frightened him too much.
D. Because he was ill.
45.Which of the following statements (陈述) is NOT true?
A. The student with straight hair is from China.
B. Jim’s hair is shorter than that of the Chinese.
C. Our clothes are also different from that of the Chinese.
D. The color of Kitty’s hair is blonde.
Mrs Brown is very fat (胖).
“Don’t eat meat or cakes,”her doctor says to her.
“I’m going to stop her eating them, doctor,”her husband (丈夫) says.
The next morning, Mrs Brown makes a nice cake, and her husband eats half of it. After he goes out, Mrs Brown cuts ( 切) a very small piece of the cake and eats it. It is very good. She cuts a bigger piece and eats it. In a few minutes she finishes the cake.“My husband is going to be very angry (生气),”she says.“What am I going to do?”
She makes another cake very quickly, eats half of that, and leaves half on the table.
Her husband comes back later. He sees the half of the cake on the table and he is very happy.
46. The doctor tells Mrs Brown not to eat meat or cakes because .
A. Mrs Brown likes them
B. meat and cakes can make her fatter
C. Mr Brown tells the doctor to say so
D. meat and cakes are not good food
47. The next morning Mrs Brown makes a cake for .
A. her husband B. her children C. her sister D. the doctor
48. Mr Brown eats that morning.
A. one cake B. half cakes C. half a cake D. many cakes
49. Mrs Brown makes another cake because .
A. she is good at making cakes
B. her husband likes cakes
C. she wants to eat more cakes
D. if her husband knows she eats the half of the cake, he will be angry
50. Why is Mr Brown very happy when he sees the half of the cake on the table? B ecause .
A. he is angry
B. Mrs Brown likes cakes very much
C. the cake is nice and delicious
D. he thinks Mrs Brown begins to stop eating cakes
51. Mary has a new look. Her hair is long and s .
52. The actor is very h .
53. Her hair is not black. It’s b like gold.
54. She a wears a red skirt and white shoes.
55. The a is very popular. Everyone likes her.
56.My pen pal （have）long curly hair.
57.Why does he wear （glass）?Is he short-sighted （近视的）？
58.He is of medium （high）.
59.Li Lianjie is my favorite (act).
60.The girl is good at drawing. She want to be an (art).
61.I want to go （shop） with my mother because I need a T-shirt.
62.I think she is a good （sing）.
63.What （do）your pen pal look like?
64. (one) of all, you have to remember these words.
65.—Can you draw （fun）pictures?
66. She wears glasses every day.（改为否定句）
She glasses every day.
67. Tom’s sister has long straight yellow hair.
Tom’s sister long straight yellow hair?
68. Wang Hai isn’t too tall or too short.（改为同义句）
Wang Hai has .
69. George is tall and thin.（就画线部分提问）
What does George ?
70. Maybe the woman with long black hair is her mother.(改为同义句）
The woman with long black hair her mother.
2.straight blonde hair
3.speak Engl ish and a little Chinese
UNIT 9 What does he look like? 检测题参考答案
Ⅰ. 21.A thin是形容词，可判断此句为主系表结构，可排除B、D项；主语the girl是第三人称单数，故选A项。
22.A 由答语“她中等身材，留着长长的直发”可知，问句是询问他人的外貌，like作动词时意为“喜欢”，与句意不符，故首先排除C、D两项；look like意为“看起来像”，常用在询问外貌的句型中，且句中已有助动词does，所以应用动词原形，故选A项。
23.B wear意为“穿着；戴着”，表状态；put on意为“穿上；戴上”，强调穿、戴的动作。句意为“我们数学老师总是穿一件旧衬衫”。由句意知表示穿的状态，排除C、D两项；主语our math teacher为第三人称单数，谓语动词应用第三人称单数形式，故选B项。
24.C play basketball是固定短语，意为“打篮球”，故排除A、D两项。play为动词，修饰动词要用副词，good为形容词，well为副词，故选C项。
25.D 句意为“同学们停止谈话，认真听老师讲”。表示“停止做某事”要用stop doing sth.，可排除B、C两项。say强调说话的内容；talk强调互相交谈。同学们之间应为“交谈”，故选D项。
26.D a bit和a little可以修饰形容词、副词，表示“有点”；little后只能加不可数名词，表示否定之意；little bit修饰形容词、副词时，须在little前加a；只有D项a little后可加形容词thin。故选D项。
27.C 本句主语为Jack, with短语不影响主语 ，故谓语动词应用第三人称单数形式，可排除B、D两项。“去购物”用固定短语go shopping。由句末的every Sunday可判断此句为一般现在时，故选C项。
Ⅱ. 31~35CBDAD 36~40BCBAC
Ⅲ. 41.C 题干意为 “文中共描述了几个学生?”。通读全文可知描述了a student from China, Jim, Dave, Kitty与Peter，共五个人，故选C项。
43.B 由句子Dave’s hair is curly and brown.可知“Dave的头发是卷的，棕色的”，故选B项。
44.C 由第一段最后一句...he was so frightened that he cried out.和第二段第一句That’s because of our appearances.可知选C项。
45.B A项意为“长着直头发的学生来自中国”，与文意相符，正确；B项意为“Jim的头发比中国学生的头发短”，与原文句子Jim’s hair is yellow and much longer than his.不符，故错误；C项意为“我们的衣服也与中国学生的不相同”，与原文句子Our builds and clothes seem to be strange in his eyes,too.意思相同，故C项也正确；D项意为“Kitty头发的颜色是金色的”，与原文句子Kitty’s hair is blonde.意思相同，故D项正确。题干意为“下面哪个陈述是错误的”，故选B项。
47.A 由her husband eats half of it推知，是给她丈夫做的。
48.C 由her husband eats half of it可知，布朗先生吃了半个蛋糕。
49.D 由My husband is going to be very angry...可推知答案。
Ⅳ. 51.straight straight意为“直的”，作表语。
Ⅴ. 56.has 主语是第三人称单数，谓语动词需用第三人称单数形式。have的第三人称单数是has。
58.height of medium height意为“中等个”。
61.shopping go shopping意为“去购物”，是固定词组。
64.First first of all意为“首先”。
Ⅵ. 66.doesn’t wear 主语she是第三人称单数，需借助doesn’t帮助构成否定句，后跟动词原形。
67.Does;have Tom’s sister作主语，变一般疑问句需借助助动词does，谓语动词用原形。
68.medium height 由原句句意“王海既不高也不矮”知是中等个。
69.look like 提问长相常用句式:What does/do+主语+look like?
70.may be 情态动词may表示推测，后接动词原形be。
Ⅶ.One possible version:
Tom is tall and has a medium build. He has straight blonde hair. He can speak English and a little Chinese. He likes reading books and playing basketball. His favorite animals are pandas and dolphins. He thinks pandas are cute, and dolphins are very clever.