UNIT 8 Is there a post office near here?检测题
21. .Where is th e park, please?
A. Hello B. Excuse me C. Sorry D. Hi
22. —Is there a post office on Fifth Avenue?
A. here is B. they are C. it is D. there is
23. — is the pay phone?
—It’s next to the post office.
A. When B. Who C. Where D. Why
24.There a pen and two pencils in the pencil case.
A. is B. are C. have D. be
25. Walk along the street and take the crossing on the left.
A. five B. fives C. fifth D. fivth
26. The school is the park.
A. next B. next to C. the next D. the next to
27.The library is the post office and the supermarket.
A. among B. between C. on D. across
28. Welcome my birthday party.
A. at B. in C. to D. /
29. She often fun.
A. have B. has C. do D. does
30.What can you see the right？
A. on B. to C. at D. in
Tom 31 near the sea. Their house is not very h igh, but it is beautiful. There 32 big trees and a small garden in front 33 their house. They plant flowers in the garden. Some are red, some are white 34 some are blue. Tom and his family love 35 garden very much.
36 Tom and his sister go to school 37 bus. The bus is comfortable. There are air conditioners in the bus. And it is a double-decker bus. After school, they sometimes help their mum 38 some sho pping at the Shopping Center, and sometimes help thei r dad in the garden. At weekends, they often take some photos by the sea. 39 summer, they often go swimming 40 their parents.
31. A. lives B. lived C. living D. to live
32. A. are B. is C. was D. be
33. A. to B. for C. at D. of
34. A. but B. or C. at D. and
35. A. they B. them C. their D. theirs
36. A. All B. Both C. Some D. Two
37. A. on B. by C. take D. sit
38. A. do B. doing C. does D. did
39. A. In B. On C. At D. To
40. A. and B. for C. of D. with
41.Walk up the street and turn left at the first crossing. Then turn left again at the next crossing. The is a few metres on your left.
A. bank B. college C. post office D. shop
42. Walk up the street only a few metres. Take the first turning on the right. The is on your left.
A. post office B. bank C. house D. restaurant
43. Walk up the street and take the second turning on the right. The is on your right half-way down this street.
A. cinema B. bus stop C. mosque house D. chemist’s
44. Take the first turning on the right. Then take the next left and walk up the street. The is on the right just after the second crossing.
A. house B. bank C. butcher’s D. cinema
45. Turn right first. Then turn left. Walk up this street and turn left at the third crossing. The is half-way down the street on the left.
A. shop B. bank C. cinema D. house
If you go to England, you must be very carful in the streets because the traffic drives on the left. Before you cross a street, you must look to the right first and then left. In the morning and in the evening when people go to or come from work, the streets are very busy. Traffic is the most dangerous then. When you drive a car in England, you have to be careful, too. Always remember the traffic moves on the left. So you must be careful to have a look first, or you will go the wrong way.
In many England cities, there are big buses with two floors. You can sit on the second floor. From there you can see the city well. It’s very interesting.
46. In England the traffic moves .
A. in the middle B. on the left C. on the right D. in the park
47. Before you cross a street, you must look to .
A. the right B. the left C. the right and then left D. the left and then righ t
48. The streets get very busy in the morning and in the evening because people .
A. go to work B. go shopping C. come from work D. A and C
49.It is to cross the streets in the morning and in the evening.
A. safe B. easy C. dangerous D. interest ing
50. You can see the city well on the floor of the bus.
A. first B. second C. third D. fourth
51. My brother is a waiter. He works in a r .
52. Just go a Center Street and t right when you see a post office.
53. Is there a pay phone in the n ?
54. E me, where’s the bus station?
55. People can get money from the b .
56. I am watching my dog (play) with a ball now.
57. Children often enjoy （play）computer games.
58. （take）a bus from Sixth Avenue and go down Bridge Street.
59. Walk down New Street and turn left at the first (cross).
60. Do you want （buy）books?
61. There is a post office on New Street.（改为一般疑问句）
a post office on New Street?
62. Are there two shops near here?（作否定回答）
63. Lucy sits on Susan’s left and George’s right.（改为同义句）
Lucy sits Susan George.
64. My backpack is behind the chair.（改为同义句）
The backpack is .
65. The library is near her house.（就画线部分提问）
1. turn right 2.go along Guanghe Street
3. the Heping Street 4.go straight
5. across from
UNIT 8 Is there a post office near here?检测题参考答案
Ⅰ. 21.B 在你向别人问路时，应先说礼貌用语Excuse me.故选B项。A、D两项为见面打招呼常用语，C项Sorry.在说错话、做错事时使用。
22.D There be句型的一般疑问句的简略答语用Yes, there is/are.或者No, there isn’t/aren’t.故选D。
24.A There be句型表示存在,be的单复数形式采取“就近原则”。并列主语中be后紧跟着的是单数名词，则be用is,如果be后紧跟着的是复数名词，则be用are。a pen为单数，因此用is,故选A。
26.B 句意为“学校挨着公园”。next to意为“挨着，靠近”，故选B项。
28.C welcome to...表示“欢迎到……来”，A、B、D三项不符合固定结构，故排除。
29.B have fun是固定短语，表示“高兴”，可排除C、D两项，主语she为第三人称单数，由often可判断为一般现在时，故用have的第三人称单数形式has，故选B项。
Ⅱ. 31.A 整篇文章是一般现在时，故应选lives。
32.A There be句型中谓语动词采用就近原则。be后big trees为复数，故选are。
33.D in front of为固定短语，意为“在……前面”。
36.B both...and... ……和……都……
38.A help sb. do sth.“帮助某人做某事”，为固定搭配。
40.D with“与…… 一起”，表示伴随。
46.B 由原文第一段第一句If you go to England, you must be very careful in the streets because the traffic drives on the left.可知：在英国，车辆在左边行驶，故选B项。
47.C 由原文第一段的Before you cross a street, you must look to the right first and then left.可知：在你横穿马路时，你必须首先向右看，然后向左看，故选C项。
48.D 由原文第一段的In the morning and in the evening when people go to or come from work, the streets are very busy.可知:早上和傍晚的街道是拥挤的，因为人们正在上下班，包括A项“上班”和C项“下班”，故选D项。
49.C 由原文第一段的Traffic is the most dangerous then.可知：那时（在早晚上下班时）交通是最危险的，故选C项。
50.B 由原文第二段的...there are big buses with two floors. You can sit on the second floor. From there you can see the city well.可知：坐在公共汽车第二层你可以非常好地看整座城市，故选B项。
Ⅳ. 51.restaurant 52.across;turn 53.neighborhood 54.Excuse
58.Take take a bus意为“乘公共汽车”。祈使句通常以动词原形开头，省略主语。
60.to buy want to do sth.意为“想做某事”，是固定词组。
Ⅵ. 61.Is there there be句型的一般疑问句把be动词提前，句末用问号。
62.No；there aren’t there be句型的否定回答用No, there be not.。
64.behind the chair；mine behind the chair为介词短语，作定语，修饰前面的名词，mine是名词性物主代词，在句中单独使用，作表语成分。
65.Where is 询问地点用疑问副词where。
Ⅶ.One possible version:
My home is not very far. You just go out of your home and turn right.Go along Guanghe Street and turn left at the Heping Street. Go straight until you see a bank on your right. My house is just across from the bank, and it’s next to the post office. Welcome to my birthday party.